Steve represents both large and small corporations and individuals, as self-insureds and as insureds on behalf of insurance companies. Steve’s practice focuses on the defense of insureds and self-insureds with concentration in tort defense in all areas of construction litigation, transportation litigation, construction injury, construction defect litigation and insurance defense. Litigation experience extends throughout the State of Illinois. Steve serves as an on-call emergency on-site presence for catastrophic injuries and accident investigations, available 24 hours a day. Responsibilities include management of files and oversight of associates from initial filing through resolution; establishing and implementing all phases of preparation from initial investigation and strategy for complicated and complex litigation.
In addition, Steve is a member of the Defense Research Institute, Transportation Lawyers Association and the Trucking Industry Defense Association. Steve has written, published and given presentations on numerous topics involving litigation. He is a guest lecturer to the Denver University, Strum College of Law, Transportation Business Law Course, where he presents on the topic of defense of liability claims. He also assists faculty in the review and grading of course academic papers written by course participants.
Steve was recently elected to the Executive Committee of the Transportation Lawyers Association. The TLA is an independent bar association dedicated to the issues of the transportation industry both nationally and internationally.
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- General Negligence
- Premises Liability
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (1996)
- State of Illinois (1996)
- United States District Court of the Southern District of Indiana (2004)
- United States District Court of the Southern District of Illinois (2009)
- Certified Arbitrator for the Nineteenth Judicial Circuit
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
- Defense Research Institute
- Illinois Leading Lawyer, 2021
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- Trucking Industry Defense Association
Honors and Awards
- American Jurisprudence Award, 1994
- CALl Award, 1995, 1996
- DePaul University Order of the Coif
- TLA Distinguished Service Award, 2015
- J.D., DePaul University (with Honors), 1996
- B.A., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1993